Monday, September 14, 2015

New Website Enhancements

Following the switch to a standalone one hour show on the CJMARS Radio Network I have decided to add some new things to the Paranormal News Insider website.

When I first started the Paranormal News Insider in August of 2008, I created the website to be a running blog of stories that I was personally researching to any degree. I split the site up into cryptozoology, UFOs, ghosts, and strange Earth stories. Granted, at the time the PNI was a monthly show broadcast during the Grand Dark Conspiracy podcast. When the show went weekly in September of 2010 I knew I could not keep up with the website and I got rid of the blog format.

The biggest change is the addition of an rss feed of the Anomalist and Unexplained Mysteries paranormal news. I consider these two sites to be the leaders in reporting interesting and relevant stories that are seen by the masses. While these sites are affected by outside submissions they are not run by them. While these two sites essentially do the same thing the Anomalist tends to stick to traditional paranormal stories involving cryptids, UFOs, ghosts, and strange Earth mysteries. Unexplained Mysteries is a little more general in its approach, but also offers quality and noteworthy stories. The addition of this "News" page provides a one stop shop for anyone wanting to know what is going on in the world of the paranormal.

The second change involves a contact form on the "About" page. While this doesn't seem like much of a big deal I want to make a better effort to be able to provide simple and effective communication other than giving out my email address during the show. I have received a lot of emails this way and I hope the form makes things easier for people who want to communicate information quickly and efficiently.

I have also added Soundcloud and Mixcloud links to the new one hour shows for the latest episodes. I still allow the play of the file directly from the Paranormal News Insider webpage, but giving these other alternatives should help those who want to listen via phone or other device as well as provide alternative locations for the podcast to be available.

As always I am continuing to provide as many links to conferences and conventions as possible. I am also going back to accepting classes and tours in addition to smaller events. I have been told by many that my list is consistently one of the best.

Be sure to tune in every Tuesday night from 7-8 pm eastern and feel free to jump into live chat while you listen! Listening to the show on the go is easy as well with Tunein app as well as Live365.

As always, if you have any information about any event and would like to hear it on the show (or see it on the website) feel free to let me know at Insider @ Paranewsinsider.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment